Monday, June 1, 2009

"My Hero, Just As You Are"

How do you know when something extraordinary is about to happen? How do you know when someone wants to discover you and see you for who and what you really are?

I can feel your bones burning to find gold. I can feel you from here...six feet away, ten miles of silence. I do not know who you are. I do not know where you come from. I cannot see your smile. You spin your records and write your reviews but do not reveal your identity. I swear I've seen you before. I may even know your name. But I do not know who you are. I do not know where you came from.

When my house fell upon me, straight out of the sky like lightening, I did not call you. I did not question. You don't feel like a God to me. Or a rescuer with a parachute to sweep me off my feet. But yet that is exactly what you have done. Taken me to a new place of worship each time I recognize you are not who you said you were. I have moved every time you have lied or said nothing at all.

I have said too much. I have removed myself from your judgment, this conversation. Everything I have ever said is to be used against me. You think you control me. But this is not me. And you will never be you. The truth of honestly is only an illusion. It is not false, just open to interpretation. Deeper and deeper I will go until I am out of breath. Underwater living. Underwater dreaming. Waking, walking, dreaming life.

© *Stephica

No comments:

Post a Comment