Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

We went out for Pho last night for our New Year's Eve dinner at Ballet (a wonderful Vietnamese restaurant in Capitol Hill) and my fortune cookie said:
"You will be fortunate in everything you put your hands to". At first, I dismissed it but then my sister asked me to reconsider it's application. Currently in my life, writing, making art and playing the piano are some of the most important things I do. I don't want to over analyze (me? no!) but lately I've been seeing beauty and purpose in the little things. So here's to a fortunate 2011! Happy New Year!!

And apparently I'm not the only one who's read into this statement. See Cindy's blog, Hello for her entry on this very subject.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elena777/97791691/

2 comments:

  1. How freaked out would you be if you opened a fortune cookie and it simple said "Its not spring yet"....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, it would be like the time 222 was stamped on the bottom of my Chapstick. Freaky, but awesome.

    ReplyDelete