Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mike Dipetrillo

So I was grabbing a Stumptown espresso (best coffee in the world) and a mighty tasty mini cupcake of the month (banana cake with peanut butter chocolate fudge frosting) at Cupcake Royale in Caphill yesterday and zap! (laser beam sound) tractor beamed toward the art of Mike Dipetrillo aka mikeatron. His series of Zodiac illustrations (the images below I took at Cupcake Royale) line the art gallery-style walls in colorful sincerity. I heart this art. Visit mikeatron at his Homepage.





Dipetrillo's bright acrylics, environmentally conscious humor and delightful mythological depictions brightened my evening. Images of Zodiac available for viewing at Cupcake Royale, Capitol Hill location. Better yet, go attend the reception on Thursday, January 13th 2011, part of one of my favorite local events- BLITZ Capitol Hill Arts Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment